What we doWe are involved in several projects throughout our local community and abroad - providing specialised medical training, care, and support.
The DREAMIN Foundation is currently involved in funding the following projects:
- Adelaide Paediatrics - Autism Spectrum Disorder Assessments - Financially assisting disadvantaged families to allow assessment and diagnosis of autism to allow further specialist access and funding via NDIS.
- H.E.A.R.S. Project, Tonga – Hearing, Evaluation, Assessment and Rehabilitation providing hearing services for children with chronic ear infections in Tonga. This has also involved the education and training of a Tongan ENT Registrar and Clinical Nurse who were able to come to Adelaide under the supervision of ENT Specialists Dr Suren Krishnan, Chair – DREAMIN Foundation Board, and Dr John Tomich. This project was implemented by The Rotary Club of Prospect Inc., and supported by The DREAMIN Foundation.
- Health and Literacy Project – Davao City and Mindanao in Southern Philippines based on the success of the HEARS Project
- Maranatha Project – Uganda – Maranatha Health project is run by Dr Michael Findlay and his wife Kim and is supported by a South Australian and Ugandan Board. The DREAMIN Foundation has provided financial and in-kind support. We have raised funds towards the construction of facilities and equipment such as humidi cribs and oxygen concentrators. We have had visits to provide ENT consultation and surgery and supported the training of local staff. More information at https://maranathahealth.org
- Faith, Hope, Charity – raising funds to build a house for women receiving medical intervention for breast cancer so that they can be closer to their health service. This will specifically help families in outer metropolitan and rural areas save time and money on transport costs plus improve access to medical intervention.
- AMSF Travel Scholarships - exist to support Adelaide medical students entering their final year of study in their international elective placements. A preference is given to students undertaking placement at Maranatha Health, Uganda. For more information please visit: https://www.amsf.org.au/for-st...
In amongst these Projects, the DREAMIN Foundation will assist other individuals with specific needs.